Search This Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Funny thing about sleep...

...how come you can't have it when you most want it? It is 3am, I'm awake, and would give anything to be asleep right now.   Twitter is silent, Facebook is silent and I can't get into any of the three books I'm reading right now.

Did you watch the Sugar Bowl tonight? I found myself pulling for Louisville, and against the hated Gators. The heavily favored Gators. They (the Gators) lost and I smiled several times at the crowd shots of distraught football fans. It's a game, not life! (although it's nice when they stop doing that stupid Gator chomp).

Here's a list of the last several songs I tagged on Shazam:

Dog Days Are Over - Florence and the Machine
99 Problems - Hugo
The Distance - Cake
It Makes No Difference - The Band
Tu Cuerpo - Pittbull feat. Jencarlos
Souvenirs Souvenirs - Johnny Hallyday
If It Wasn't For You - Various Cruelties
Yellow Ledbetter - Pearl Jam
Home - Phillip Phillips
Keep Us Steadfast - Lyle Lovett
I'm Not Down - The Clash

You should listen to each of these and figure out why I tagged them, then let me know.

The overnight housekeepers at this hotel carry the vacuum cleaners on their backs. They look like something out of The Jetsons. They also look annoyed at me for sitting here in their way.

I type with my forefingers, as well as my pointer finger (but only on my right hand).

I just got an email telling me that my online backup service had completed the backup, with no skipped files, so there's that.

Update: I picked up my feet, so the housekeeper could vacuum under them. She was appreciative.

Ok. That's all for now. I think I'll share this to FB and Twitter so that people can read this and then wonder how they can get the three minutes of their lives (that it takes to read this) back.

No comments:

Post a Comment