Search This Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Catharsis

It's no secret that the last couple of years have sucked in my world.  So far though, 2013 hasn't (knock on wood).

Since the beginning of the year, I've been preparing for tax season - although the IRS has announced that individual tax season won't start until January 30 (read this for details: Shameless, self promoting link to my business website). With the help of my staff, I've organized the office in general, and specifically, I've cleaned and organized my office.

My office before  organizing (ok, not really):



My office after organizing (yeah, yeah, another dramatization):


Anyhow, this process has been wonderfully cathartic for me.  It's as if I'm throwing away all the badness and starting the new year fresh and ready to go.  This morning, I cleaned out what I call "The dungeon". The dungeon is a cellar off of my office where, apparently, I stash any box, carton, dead body, whatever I don't want to deal with.  Over the last amount of time, stuff has stacked up.

I'm going to recycle approximately 7 million cardboard boxes in a few minutes, after which I will hopefully be left with a clean office and a clean mind, raring to go into a fantastic tax season. Call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment