Search This Blog

Monday, November 17, 2014

Christmas movies

(Sorry, I realize it isn't even Thanksgiving yet)

Yesterday, Lisa and I were talking about trying to watch as many of our favorite Christmas movies with the kids as possible - it is problematic these days, as the girls won't be in from school until close to Christmas.

These are the movies that come to mind:

Elf
The Santa Clause
A Charlie Brown Christmas (my favorite)
The Polar Express (Almost my favorite)
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Of course, the Rankin/Bass films:

Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer
The Year Without a Santa Claus
Frosty the Snowman
Santa Claus Is Coming to Town

People really like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, but I never really saw the appeal.

Shoot (get it?), I almost forgot A Christmas Story  - "You'll shoot your eye out, kid"

Holiday Inn
It's a Wonderful Life (of course)

What are some of your favorites?






No comments:

Post a Comment